Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Sisar Watsonin ruoka :) (Sister Watson's food)

Hey Family :) It seems like there have been a couple hard weeks right in a row here. With Uncle Marlis and Roxy I'm sure there is a melancholy atmosphere at home. I'm grateful for the gospel that even through sadder times in our life we can find stability and peace. The song "I know that my Redeemer Lives" comes to mind. What great knowledge it is! And it is offered to everyone that seeketh! This week in my studies I read about Alma's wonderful example of prayer and fulfilling his calling in Mosiah 26.It is interesting how King Mosiah didn't just solve the problem for him, but rather gave Alma the opportunity to seek and receive guidance and support from the Lord in his calling. Similar to Alma, in our difficult times we need to sincerely and wholeheartedly seek. It says that "after he had poured out his whole soul to God, the voice of the Lord came to him" saying "Blessed art thou, Alma" continued by divine guidance to answer his concern. 
This week we found a new investigator that had such a quick and solid understanding of the power of the Holy Ghost. It was really exciting to hear his connection to our message and willingness to read and pray. He is a young Finnish student. This week we also had Interim (a five day training at the mission home for all the new missionaries and their trainers). It was awesome! I just wish I had another 18 months to apply everything I learned! Another awesome part about Interim is being at the mission home and having Sisar Watson's food! Yum!! :) Also, she gave a closing prayer one night that was so powerful. It was like having a mother pray for you. The spirit was strong. I'm so grateful for President and Sister Watson. I'm grateful for the time I have and for Finland. It even snowed twice for just a tiny bit this week(none of it stuck, but it snowed!!). I love you and hope things are going well. Have a nice week!
-Sisar Clark
pic- Sisar DuPaix's first lippupäivä (flag day)

No comments:

Post a Comment