Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Yleiskonferenssi :) (General Conference)

Hey Family! Wasn't conference powerful and energizing? I was very grateful for the emphasis on Plan of Happiness and missionary work. It was such a good motivation for me to continue strong these last few weeks, but then also to not fear going home. I'm not actually "going home" I'm just going to be transferred. It may be a pretty foreign and intimidating new area, but I'm going to be doing the same work and striving to live according to the same true gospel of Jesus Christ. We also had a meeting for all the departing missionaries about setting goals for post mission life and how to apply what we have learned. It was a good reminder and addition to what was shared in conference. So now that we don't have to worry about that any more...
This week we found a new investigator that is very very strong in his Lutheran beliefs. I was honored to again bear pure testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon after we read in 3 Nephi 11 and John 10:14-16. The spirit was strong and again reconfirmed what I have felt many times before. I love missionary work! I also love exact obedience! We found small and simple tender mercies in our work this week as we strove and searched for every opportunity to be obedient. 
In connection to the plan of happiness focus, I was specifically touched in my personal study by the simplicity and light of 2 Nephi 10:23 "Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life." It is truly a message that should cheer up our hearts!
I hope that you also are able to feel that joy and excitement from knowing God's plan for us. I hope you have a great week. I love you!
-Sisar Clark
ps p day next week I believe will be on monday..just fyi

pics-- I got to be with SIsar Toomey for travels down to Helsinki for our meeting :) fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment