Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Uusi Vaihto (new change)

Hey Family!! Wow it was so fun to see pictures of you all together and hear fun stories :) Hope that everyone made it home safe. Although it is hard to miss out on such a fun time with the family, I have been extremely blessed this week. We were able to set a baptismal date with our investigator that I've talked about before. He is a young finnish man. Also, my new companion is great! This is Sisar Allen's last change on her mission (and then the next change will be my last change.....what...weird....not ready yet) and we are excited to be getting three brand new sisters in our zone this change! So many new sisters! It is great! It has been so hot and humid this week (ugh...I want to -32 back) Seriously though. I think Finland has totally messed with me...I'm always wishing it was colder. 
One fun thing I haven't really talked about hardly at all, but have grown to really like during my mission is salmiakki and lakritsi. Salmiakki is very very strong flavor of lakritsi (black licorice but way better because it is Finnish) (it's actually not legal in the states). It is delicious and they have everything in a lakritsi flavor (ice cream--- probably the best one, potatoe chips, yoghurt--my least favorite, but not disgusting). 
This week during my studies I was really impressed with Jesus Christ's obedience. While reading in 3 Nephi I noticed many times (almost always) Christ prefaces his actions and words stating what Heavenly Father had and hadn't commanded him to do. It is so clear and simple. That is something I'm trying to check myself on always. How can I be more obedient? (trust me there is always an answer... and quite often it is difficult...but brings so many blessings)
I love you and hope you have a great week!
-Sisar Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment