Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Laske siunauksiasi (count your blessings)

Terve, Mitä teille kuuluu?
This week was pretty interesting. Most of the week investigators were falling off the face of the planet right and left. It was pretty rough to see that, especially with investigators that had been doing so well just last week. But in the moment of feeling sad that no one made it to church this week, the words of our recent convert of 2 months brought me back on track. He gave the best and most powerful new member talk in sacrament meeting, in which he shared a solid testimony of God and Jesus Christ. He said "Now I understand that I have no reason to be sad." He then continued to share about the many blessings he has received from learning about the gospel. I realized that Wow I too have been so blessed! As I thought more blessings just started flooding my mind: That was the first sunday our whole change that we didn't have someone in church. I was able to partake of the sacrament and feel my savior's love. I can pray.....(the list continues...for a long time). 
And to add to the blessings the end of our week came back strong when we were able to find a new investigator that we are very excited about and have some very solid potentials. 
The scripture I have been pondering most recently has been D&C 50:21-22. It has reminded me how important it is to not only teach in a way that our investigators can understand, but also understand our investigators as well. We we both understand, then are we both edified and we can rejoice. Pretty cool. Welll, thank you for your wonderful examples of pressing forward diligently and faithfully. I hope you have a good week. I love you!
-Sisar Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment