Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Yski vuosi! (One year!)

Terve perheeni,
What a wonderful week it has been! This year we hit our one year mark! and what a blessing it was to be with Sisar Carter for it! We both enjoyed remenising (spelling?) on the ways we have seen the Lord's hand in the work (usually By small and very simple means with moments of giant miracles as well). We celebrated By eating at our Muslim friend's indiana curry resturaunt...it was delicious!
Oh also, this week we were again humbled By the love and support of the people around us including members and investigators. We got a call this week saying we had a bike waiting for us at the bike shop to add to the other bike that the ward had donated to the sister missionaries of Lappeenranta. So now we are biking!! woo hoo! It feels great to be on a bike again. The blessings are continually overflowing here.
Our investigators are doing great! Oh man, it is SO fun to see the blessings of living according to commandments. Our investigator that is prepared for baptism on the 21st is loves coming to church and the ward members are great support. We also have two other investigators living according to their word of wisdom "plans" like bosses. It is definitely one of those times that you just wonder....why in the world are they changing their whole life from just two girls talking to them in broken finnish.--the Holy Ghost works miracles.
I loved reading Alma's testimonies in the Book of Mormon (Alma 5, Alma 36 and Alma 38). He is so wise.  "Now, my son, I would not that ye should think that I know these things of myself, but it is the Spirit of God which is in me which maketh these things known unto me; for if I had not been born of God I should not have known these things." The spirit is the only reason anyone knows the truth of these things. I add my testimony to his that I too have felt the Holy Ghost's assurance and confirmation. I know that it is true. I am so grateful and joyful because of it.
We get change calls on Friday and again praying to stay in Lappeenranta....probably not going to happen....but whereever I go I know it will be best....Lappeenranta would just be really cool.:)
I hope you have a great week! I love you and loved talking with a few of you shortly.
-Sisar Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment