Monday, May 16, 2016

Minä lähden Tamperelle! (I'm heading to Tampere!)

Hey family! Happy (late....anteeksi) Birthday sweet little Venna :) Hope the celebrations went well and I hope that the celebrations continue for Gramps birthday! Hyvää Syntymäpäivää Gramps!!
So change calls this week---> I'm going to Tampere and will be a Sister Training Leader there with Sisar Harris. Sisar Carter is going to be training a greenie here in Lappeenranta.
I'm really excited have a chance to learn, improve, and push myself. Although it is rough to leave Lappeenranta, Tampere seems to be a great Place and I'm sure there are very important things for me to learn there. Every change seems to bring a large step forward in the language, teaching, and overall progression so I look forward to those blessings.
This week we enjoyed going down to Helsinki for our stake conference (although farther away, our branch is still part of the Helsinki stake). It was so fun to see all my fun friends from Kerava and feel the support and energy of the other missionaries there. It just made my day when a few members went out of their way to say hi to me and wish me luck in Tampere. Wow, that thoughtful act went such a long way. It definitely motivated me to look for ways I can hopefully support others in that same loving and thoughtful way.
This week I was reading in Alma 44 when Moroni and his armies have surrounded Zerahemnah and his armies. Moroni is testifying to them of the purpose they are fighting in verse 5.  "And now, Zerahemnah, I command you, in the name of that all-powerful God, who has strengthened our arms that we have gained power over you, by our faith, by our religion, and by our rites of worship, and by our church, and by the sacred support which we owe to our wives and our children, by that liberty which binds us to our lands and our country; yea, and also by the maintenance of the sacred word of God, to which we owe all our happiness; and by all that is most dear unto us—" It reminds me of how important an eye single to the glory of God is in this joyful work. This next change I want to specifically focus on my motives behind things.
I hope you have a great week. I love you!
-Sisar Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment