Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Lentävä Matto (the flying carpet)

Hey Fam! This week has been one of the most crazy, but exciting weeks of my mission. I feel as though I have been going 100 mph on a "flying carpet" and barely hanging on...but it's a flying carpet so what more could you ask for. (see pic--we saw this beaut while heading to one of our lessons this week)

Sadly I wasn't able to be in Lappeenranta to see my investigator be baptized (but my heart is so happy to know he is baptized and doing well!) but instead I got to enjoy a baptism that happened here in Tampere! Tampere has many many things that are just completely different from Lappeenranta and Kerava. It almost feels like a different mission....normal sized ward again (in my mind it feels giant!!), soooo many people (street contacting has never been more exciting), we see other missionaries all the time now (sharing a ward with other missionaries....weird), we have a car (still use the buses quite a lot though thank goodness....I love the buses) the list goes on. But many blessings and cool things are here in Tampere. 

A large portion of our investigators are students studying here (many foreigners) and I am realizing how long it has been since I have taught in English. I definitely need to practice a little more with that.
My companion Sisar Harris is wonderful. She is from California and I'm excited to be working with such an experienced missionary. This is her last change. 

One of my favorite parts of this last week was getting to know of few of the members that came to lessons with us. They all have strong testimonies of missionary work and bring a lot of hope and excitement to us. It makes me happy to think of the lasting impact that our work has and how it continues to blesses generations of families etc. 
Sorry this is so scatter-brained, but those are just a few random thoughts from this week. I'm happy and feeling so blessed to share the gospel here in Tampere. Hope you have a great week this week. I love you!

-Sisar Clark

other pic--on our train ride from Helsinki to Tampere the train had electrical problems so we were stuck out there for about an hour....but we weren't complaining because this was our view (sorry about the window glare). Here is just a little snippet of what we see for hours on end on our beautiful train rides :)....I love Finland



No comments:

Post a Comment