Tuesday, April 19, 2016

yäk (gross)

Hey Fam!

This week has been great! It has been really warm (a little rainy). The seagulls have migrated in (such a new sound to me) and lake Saima is just about completely melted (still the thinist layer of ice covering, but practically there).

We have two investigators working on living the Word of Wisdom and are doing awesome! It is pretty impressive to see their real intent.

The adventure of the week happened yesterday on splits (which were super awesome splits....it is really fun because one of my sister training leaders was my trainer). We were trying to follow up with some potentials when up the stairs comes our potential and another one of our investigators (turns out their friends! Cool!). They were coming to clean his house and after a few offers they accepted! (that never happens in Finland). So this potential investigator has quite a strong addiction to smoking and drinking and maybe not the most put together life...and this was quite evident in his house. Needless to say, I got some serious mom training cleaning out some of that stuff haha my comp and I had some good laughs after that one as we lathered on the hand sanitizer. But it was a great blessing to serve!

In my Book of Mormon study I am in Alma, specifically when the Lamanites are preparing to go up to battle against the Anti-Nephi-Lehites. Alma 23:5 confirms what Elder Ballard talked about in this last conference. The importance of having a council in order to be united in defence against the adversary is a principle also found in the Book of Mormon. That was a cool find! It made me grateful for the mini "councils" we get to have as companionships daily and weekly.

I'm greatful for the work here and so so grateful for Lappeenranta. I'm happy and doing well. I hope things are going well at home. I love you all :) Thanks for all your support and prayers.

-Sisar Clark

pics-- making riisipiirakkas from scratch at the our ward's fhe....We were in charge of the game (and it was awesome!! the kids loved it!! :) So fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment