Monday, March 21, 2016

Virpoa (see email for translation)

Hyvää Pääsiäistä!! Happy Easter!!
Virpoa: On Palm Sunday a popular Finnish tradition includes children going around dressed up as witches with sticks they decorated with colorful feathers, ribbons, and pipe cleaners and trick or treating By singing this song at door steps "virvon, varvon, tuoreeks terveeks, vitsa sulle palkaa mulle"

This week has been very exciting with my new comp Sisar Carter, ward conference, our investigator texting us and saying he wants to be baptized on Saturday, our recent convert passing the sacrament, an investigator living the word of wisdom like boss, and a little more cold weather (-8/-9) mixed in there too. Sisar Carter hasn't had quite as many opportunities to teach in Finnish and develop her language skills, so I have become the main teacher and contacter etc. It has made me very very grateful for where I am in the language and also makes me realize how much more I need to learn haha. I felt very inadequate many times this week, however President Eyring's talk in Priesthood session from last conference was an answer to prayers. I definitely suggest it. It helped me remember the comforting truth that we are not alone in the work and that the Lord doesn't only work with us when we are perfect, but he strengthens us in our imperfection, inadequeces, and weaknesses. I have many of those and so I am deeply grateful for the promise that I am not alone. I have felt that help many times throughout my mission and especially this week.
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful easter week! I know that Christ Lives. I know that he is our loving Brother and Redeemer. I'm grateful for the joyful time when we can remember him and focus more on the redeeming and enabling power that we can receive from his atonement.
-Sisar Clark
our version of a quick street contacting virpo and then what an actually one should look like

Tämä sähköposti on lähetetty virusvapaasta tietokoneesta, jota suojaa Avast-ohjelmisto.
www.avast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment