Monday, January 11, 2016

Kaksikymmentäkahdeksen asteita pakkasta! (-28 degrees C)

Hey fam! :) It has been another excitingly cold week! We finally hit -28 degrees C but that was only one day of the week. Most of the week has been around -19 to -22 degrees which surprising now feels super normal! It is pretty incredible how fast your body adjusts as a missionary. Being outside so much you just kind of get used to it. I did get a little frost bite on my nose this week, but it isn't bad or anything...just enough to teach me that I really do need to cover everything up haha.
But on more important matters, this week we got change calls and I am the lucky duck who gets to stay in Lappeenranta!! ya whoo! Sadly, Sisar Hales is leaving to Tampere to be a Sister Training Leader (her wonderful missionary gifts are needed elsewhere :(....I'm going to miss her so much!) And my new companion will be Sisar Richards. This will be her last change before she goes home and she has been either training or a Sister Training Leader practically her whole mission, so it is pretty safe to say I'm getting the best and most experienced sister missionary in Finland as a companion. It is kind of intimidating (she is literally perfect), but I'm going to learn SO much from her and I'm grateful for it.
Recently we have had a lot of lessons with investigators that have very serious mental diseases. It has been pretty sad and difficult to see them struggle. However, it has also been a powerful reminder to me that the blessings of peace, joy, and clarity that come from the gospel and the book of mormon are truly to everyone. What a comfort it is to know that Jesus Christ knows exactly how they feel and knows how to succor them. I'm so grateful for how patient and calm our Savior, Jesus Christ is.
 I love you all and hope you are doing well! I truly am so grateful to know that I have such wonderful parents and siblings who support me, love me, and have strong testimonies of their own.
-Sisar Clark
pics: - this whole frozen eyelashes and hair thing is pretty normal now
- visiting the Russian border with some awesome members on pday!

No comments:

Post a Comment