Monday, November 21, 2016

Hän jopa halasi hänta :) (He even hugged her!)

The rain came back to Finland this week and melted the snow, it is 14:00 right now and pretty dark already, it is fairly warm....just for a little update
This blessed powerful week included some of these highlights:
- The Elder's had a baptism for their investigator (this adorable older Finnish mummo). She specifically asked for the "nice sisters that always say hi to her at church" (eli us)  to come :) She is definitely one of my favorite finns. Although on the older side of life, she has such a willing and ready heart. She follows the spirits promptings with such courage. 
- Our finnish young man investigator (one of those that was found and you look back and realize how much the spirit led you to find him) came to the Elder's baptismal service. He liked it a lot, and he even gave the this sweet mummo a hug! It was ADORABLE! Then he came to church and our other recent convert was a perfect friend. Oh, it was so great. The members were so helpful with giving rides.
- Change calls: Sisar Jones is going to holding up the fort here in Tampere (her mtc companion is coming to be a stl with her...they are going to do some great work together) and Sisar DuPaix is headed to Turku ...in another tripe!! Wow she is such solid missionary.
- Our other investigator came to church as well!
- saying good bye to those members on Sunday....uh so hard. They are all SO sweet. And saying bye to especially my recent converts here as been really rough. One told me that I was a "super missionary" and that just about made my whole mission. 
- When I was in Lahti with Sisar Thayne for exchanges we met a man that lives in Tampere and we set a baptismal date with him this week! That was exciting!
- Wow we had a ton of fun this week with a lot of first lessons. I love teaching the restoration!

So....the time has come. Mission time goes faster than anything. Approaching this thanksgiving, I am filled with gratitude for the past year and a half. I am grateful for the testimony I have of our Heavenly Father. I know that he has a plan for us. On my mission I have learned much more of the importance of obedience and humility. I have gained a better understanding of faith and how to go forward courageously. I have experienced the power of fasting. Fasting brings necessary understanding and blessings. I am so grateful for the leadership experiences I have had to learn from. Through these I have recognized at a greater level Christ's perfect example of leadership. I know that Jesus Christ is the good paimen (shephard). This is his work and I am honored that I could have (and will continue to) take part in it. I am filled with gratitude for the divine help and guidance in learning Finnish. Similar to the waters of Mormon, I have come to the knowledge of my Redeemer in Finland and how beautiful it is to my eyes. (Alma 18:30) I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Jesus Christ's church restored upon the earth. And what exciting knowledge that is! Thank you to you all for your support and your examples. I look forward to seeing you.
-Sisar Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment