Monday, September 19, 2016

Meitä on kolme (There are three of us)

Hey Everyone :) What a wonderful week it has been. Wow absolutely crazy week (I feel like I say this every week, sorry, it just somehow seems to get crazier each week) Zone Meeting and the youth Superi event went really well! I loving having the opportunity to learn how to prepare and lead spirit lead discussions and role-plays. I know that despite our obvious weaknesses, as we strive to prepare and seek the Lord's guidance, he will lead us by the spirit and give us the words that we need to say in all types of teaching situations. We also rejoiced as our Finnish young man made the ordinances of baptism and confirmation. In our lesson with him after he shared how he felt nervous right before his baptism thinking what if I can't fully endure to the end, what if I make a mistake. He said right after, he suddenly felt to calm and at peace about things. He said he felt free. Wow, what an honor it is to hear his powerful testimony of how the Holy Ghost has come into his life. It truly does bring peace and joy!
So this week we also got change calls for my last change in the mission and...... 
I will be staying here in Tampere (woohoo I love being in areas for six months!) Sisar Jones will be coming to be a sister training leader with me (I have never met her before, but I'm sure she is great). We also will be training a new sister. Also due to how many new missionaries are coming in, they have taken sister training leaders out of oulu, meaning we and the helsinki sister training leaders will be in charge of all the sisters in the mission (eli we get to go on exchanges with Oulu and Vaasa in addition to our zone's sisters). It will definitely be a busy 9 weeks. Pray for us!
One of our newer investigators this week came back after a very very short intro lesson saying that he after reading parts of the book of mormon now believes in God and wants to exercise faith in him. We are so excited for him! But his is actually moving to Scotland this week (what a shame)...but no doubt he will continue to exercise his faith by learning from the missionaries there. 
Last week in our mission president's email to all of us he included the words to the children's song "I hope they call me on a mission" 
 1. I hope they call me on a mission

When I have grown a foot or two.

I hope by then I will be ready

To teach and preach and work as missionaries do.

2. I hope that I can share the gospel

With those who want to know the truth.

I want to be a missionary

And serve and help the Lord while I am in my youth.

I loved this reminder. Although, it is very intimidating to think of training, being in a tripe, organizing time/exchanges etc., just all of missionary work, I know that I'm here doing the Lord's work and that he will be here with us. I'm living that dream that I sang about forever ago. What a blessing! I love you, have a great week!
-Sisar Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment